What Should You Be Getting Paid?
Ever wonder whether you’re being paid more or less than you should? Well here’s a fun and handy way of calculating a baseline for your appropriate salary:
Calculating Your Salary
Below is a way of determining your salary worth:
– Begin by giving yourself $9.00 (minimum wage).
– Add $1.00 if you are a high school grad or GED recipient.
– Subtract $1.00 if you do not have these documents.
– Give yourself $1.00 for each completed year of trade school.
– Give yourself $1.00 for each completed year of college.
– Add “0” if these do not apply.
– Give yourself $1.00 for every contiguous year of employment.
– Add $1.00 for professional look, demeanor, diction/grammar/speaking ability.
– Subtract $2.00 for a criminal conviction.
$9.00 (or appropriate current minimum wage)
______ +HS Diploma or GED
______+Vocational or Trade School
______ +College, per year completed
______ = Subtotal
______ +Valid Driver’s Licensse
______ +Years of experience
______ +Professional look/demeanor/diction
______ -Criminal Convictions (subtract $2.00 ea.)
______= Grand Total